Chapel of the Holy Guardian Angel



Serving as venue to the various liturgical celebrations and activities of Holy Angel is the University Chapel. On December 9, 2009, it was dedicated to the Holy Guardian Angel, the patron saint of the University and of Angeles City; hence, it was named the Chapel of the Holy Guardian Angel. The event was graced by the presence of the Apostolic Nuncio to the Philippines His Excellency, the Most Rev. Edward Adams, D.D., the Archbishop of San Fernando His Grace, the Most Rev. Paciano Aniceto and the Auxiliary Bishop of Pampanga. The chapel serves as a shrine to an antique image of the Holy Guardian Angel which was commissioned in 1830 by Don Angel Pantaleon de Miranda. It was built by Highspire, Inc., while the main 'retablo' was designed by Willy Layug, who was the recipient of the Presidential Award of Merit in the same year. Situated at the heart of the campus, the Chapel of the Holy Guardian Angel signifies the place of Catholic Education in the university as the core of all instruction, formation, advocacies and endeavors of Holy Angel.